freeonhyper-v team mailing list archive

Patchsets for 8.2, 8.3, 9.0 and 9.1-BETA1

Howdy,

I've pulled down a git clone and created patchsets for FreeBSD 8.2,
8.3, 9.0 and 9.1-BETA1. They can be found here:
http://blog.chrisara.com.au/2012/08/hyper-v-integration-components-for_13.html

I've tidied up the Makefiles for the modules allowing them to be built
cleanly, although they won't dynamically load without causing a kernel
panic. But it does allow for easier transitioning between kernels
using nextboot.

For FreeBSD 9.0 and 9.1 I removed INTR_FAST from the interrupt filter
handler call in hv_vmbus_drv_freebsd.c - it appears that an
INTR_MD[1-4] should be used instead, but a more experienced FreeBSD
developer should be consulted on this. It works without the flag.

hn0 stalls regularly and often on TCP traffic, but I've yet to spend
the time on working out why it's not working properly.

Kudos to everyone who's worked on this code! It certainly beats the
cruft I've been working on for the last 18 months using just the Linux
source code...

--
Regards,
Chris Knight