Meeting Notes on Nailgun API refactoring (15.11.2013)

We (FuelWeb team) had a meeting on Nailgun API refactoring, discussing some
topics which are described in this document:
https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/document/d/16bMpYNdDfQ64uVFr9pjXTXae01Un7I2S_IQt00dA74o/edit

On this meeting we came to these conclusions:

Global/DB refactoring
1) Do some research about using Oslo in our current code (for example,
arrange a meeting with colleagues from Ilya Sharkhat's team who closely
worked on Oslo.
2) If we can't use Oslo's approach with current code (especially threads) -
let's start with moving current code to Pecan and then use eventlets.

Also, if I'll be the responsible one for this research, maybe some techtalk
will be organized on Oslo and OpenStack best practices.

REST improvement
1) Do a research about using JSON schemas for both data validation and
auto-generating documentation.
2) Implement an advanced documentation on REST API and its parameters,
explaining the ways objects might and might not be modified.

We need to get closer to OpenStack Community and technologies they're
using, even if we have to change coding style and use some arguable
approaches. This will take some time to research and implement, but it also
may be looked at as a good opportunity in two ways:
- We use code which is already tested and can address any problems with it
to community
- It's a good step to taking part in submitting code to open source
projects and interact with community and developers

If anybody have he's own opinion about these issues - please don't hesitate
to provide any comments.

Thanks!

--
Nick Markov