Re: Links to Guilt..

Considering that our workflow is strongly centered on Git, I think
git-buildpackage might be the best match. Ever since Debian Ruby
Extras team migrated to git-buildpackage, I've been using it for all
my Debian packaging with great satisfaction.

http://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.html
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging#Using_Git

Debian Packaging slides I've made back in 2012 have a summarized
description of the whole workflow in Russian (with slight bias towards
Ruby but most of it is equally applicable to Python based and other
packages):

http://people.debian.org/~angdraug/debian-packaging-2012.pdf

It can also be used to build RPM packages:

http://marquiz.github.io/git-buildpackage-rpm/gbp.rpm.intro.html

-DmitryB