Re: feature request: Empty role

On 17.01.2014 04:05, Mike Scherbakov wrote:

Folks, sorry, but I don't quite get your use cases. We can do separated provisioning from CLI (and REST API obviously), and you will get nodes without any OpenStack components deployed on them. All nodes will be provisioned, and you can proceed with manual deployment after this. Now, if you want to deploy some nodes, but not to touch some other provisioned, then we can't do it now. Deployment will be applied to all nodes, and you can't have node without a role on it now. Is it the case you guys talk about? Do I understand right the current implementation?

My point was about provisioning OpenStack nodes and nodes without any OpenStack component simultaneously. For example I need standart Mirantis OpenStack + Standalone Swift (which can't be deployed by Fuel). Fuel can't deploy standalone Swift, but it can provision node for further manual deployment.

Or I already have deployed cloud and I want to add bunch of nodes without OpenStack components.
This use case is vital too.

Thanks,