Re: Workflow engine for Fuel

I looked inti this Mistral thing. It has a good design and a lot of
features. But looks like it's very far from being production ready.
I also considered using second Murano's Conductior that has nice features
and developers are our guys but it's not ready yet too.

As for the first version there is no need in complex graph and dependency
engine so we'll stay with Astute.
When we'll be implementing inter-node dependencies and states we'll make
decision to use one oth these projects or make ouw own.
Task api is orchestrator agnostic and you can use any tool you have to run
tasks.

2014/1/23 Renat Akhmerov <rakhmerov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi guys,
>
> Dmitry gave me a link to one of the Fuel proposals (
> https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/document/d/1GJHr4AHw2qA2wYgngoeN2C-6Dhb7wd1Nm1Q9lkhGCag/edit?disco=AAAAAHxWXb0#)
> so that I get familiar with it and evaluate if our new project codenamed
> Mistral could be potentially used as a Workflow engine to orchestrate
> deployment process.
>
> I read the document and left some comments. I also told Dmitry some
> details about what Mistral is and how it works and at the first glance it
> seems to be a good fit for your needs.
>
> I would suggest we have a meeting on Friday Jan 22 say around 8pm MSK (8am
> PST) and discuss this. I also have a 30 min time slot at 7pm MSK.
>
> Let me know what time better works for you so that I could schedule a
> meeting.
>
> Renat
>
> --
> Renat Akhmerov