Re: Question about admin IP address allocation

The problem is the Cobbler will force the node to boot to bootstrap if he
doesn't recognize it via known MAC. Here are the boot process diagrams.
The right one:
  # node's embedded PXE software starts a boot-up procedure via eht0
  # Cobbler knows eth0 MAC and puts to the node a PXE config to download
and run an installation image (CentOS)
  # The node goes to the provisioning state.

The bad one:
  # node runs PXE procedure over eth1
  # Cobbler doesn't know eth1 MAC and sends to the node a PXE config with a
bootstrap image.
  # the node boots into bootstrap and an installation process fails.