Re: Block devices naming bugs

https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1277151 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1271549 are actually the same bug.
They are fixed with these two patch sets
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/71885/ and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/71836/.

This issue https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1263648 is completely
another. It is connected with the fact, that PATH_ID variable is not always
unique. Udev just rewrites former by-path links with newer ones. This issue
is not critical at the moment but it can be if we do some kind of disk
reconfiguration in the future. We still need reliable scheme of naming hard
drives throughout the range of various kernels.

Vladimir Kozhukalov

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Dmitry Borodaenko <dborodaenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx