Re: Release blocker: Moving management vip breaks rabbitmq sessions

>Murano seems to be using its own implementation of RabbitMQ based RPC
backend instead of an almost homogenous zoo of impl_kombu implementations
used by the rest of OpenStack.

Yes, currently Murano uses own messaging library implementation based on
Puka AMQP library. We are moving to oslo.messaging and in the next version
of Murano, part of communication will be going through oslo.messaging.

To configure access credentials to RabbitMQ in Murano v0.4.1 use our sample
config files as a reference:

   - murano-api<https://github.com/stackforge/murano-api/blob/0.4.1/etc/murano/murano-api.conf.sample#L34>
   - murano-conductor<https://github.com/stackforge/murano-conductor/blob/0.4.1/etc/murano/conductor.conf.sample#L75>

> I'm not even sure it has the same reconnect mechanism as impl_kombu, can
anyone from Murano team comment?

No, I believe we use different reconnect logic in Murano. We use reconnect
with increasing delay between consecutive failed connection attempts:
example<https://github.com/stackforge/murano-conductor/blob/release-0.4/muranoconductor/app.py#L62>.
There are no configurable options related to reconnects.

--
Serg Melikyan, Senior Software Engineer at Mirantis, Inc.
http://mirantis.com | smelikyan@xxxxxxxxxxxx

+7 (495) 640-4904, 0261
+7 (903) 156-0836

Follow ups