Re: Fuel mater node from scratch

Vladimir,

This may be achievable as part of my work with moving Fuel master node
services into individual Docker containers. See my blueprint here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-containerization-of-services

One big advantage of using these containers is you could use any Linux
OS (with network namespaces support) to host these containers.

The only concern I have with trying to install on an existing server
is to make sure that there are no services listening on the ports we
need to use for Fuel master (such as an existing web server).

Installing Fuel from packages, however, would be really great for
upstream distributions who think our code is cool enough to ship in
mainstream OSes. The biggest drawback is we tune and apply changes to
lots of services (Cobbler, rabbitMQ, postgres) in ways that really
should never be done from a package manager. Instead, we would need to
distribute a big script that an admin runs after install to apply the
needed configuration. This script could be still in puppet, of course.