Re: Query on Mirantis Openstack deployment

Hi all,
first of all, you need to subscribe to the mailing list. Message didn't get
posted there I believe:
https://www.mail-archive.com/fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
https://launchpad.net/~fuel-dev team, and click on "Subscribe" button in
Mailing List section (left bottom of the page).

Vladimir provided a good overview on how process should look like in
general. To answer your question about setup, ideally I'd need to know more
about integration: what kind of plugins, does it affect computes only (or
controllers as well), etc.
We actually have a bug about Brocade NICs support:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1260492, and we certainly want to fix
it - however we don't have hardware to test a fix on. If you can help, that
would be great.

Regarding particular question on setup: I assume that 1 Fuel Master node +
1 controller + 2 computes are fine. 2 computes to test connectivity between
them. However, again, I'd like to know more details what exactly is in the
picture, what NICs or any specific features we want to make sure Fuel
supports.

>From certification standpoint for this particular deal (in terms of
hardware & software) we have three layers of testing:

   1. Fuel CI <https://fuel-jenkins.mirantis.com/> which runs a number of
   checks on every proposed change into
Gerrit<https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:%255Estackforge/fuel-.*,n,z>
   2. System tests
<http://docs.mirantis.com/fuel-dev/develop/env.html#running-the-fuel-system-tests>
which
   are currently ran on Mirantis hardware inside of Mirantis network
   3. Manual testing, including acceptance testing, which is done by QA team

Ideally, we would love to follow OpenStack model
here<http://ci.openstack.org/third_party.html>,
and simply add your CI slave to fuel-jenkins master, so for every patch
provided, we can get +1 or -1 depending on the result Brocade support by
that particular patch.
Here we want to be no different than
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron_Plugins_and_Drivers#Testing_Requirementsfor
now, and instead of inventing a wheel, simply follow existing
guidelines, and improve if necessary.
As far as I can see from the table of supported drivers in Neutron on that
page, Brocade is already supported by Neutron:
BrocadeShiv Harisshivh
For example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84519/20, there is "Brocade
CI" in list of reviewers. I'd think that it would be best for us to have a
similar CI bot.
Then, we might want to have some system test(s), which we run every night.
And finally, to cover Brocade support in manual acceptance testing.

We would be glad to help with setting up CI and anything required to make
this work.
Please let me know what are your thoughts on this.

Thank you,

--
Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen