Successfully upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 to 5.1

Hi Fuelers,

  I wanted to share a very positive experience I had with Fuel today.  As a
test, I did the following:
* Loaded 5.0 GA Fuel (with Mirantis OpenStack packages) in VirtualBox
* Created a 2 node 5.0 cloud
* Used the 5.0.1 upgrade tarball to upgrade 5.0 to 5.0.1
* Confirmed I could still see my 5.0 Cloud
* Created a 2 node 5.0.1 cloud
* Used the 5.1 upgrade tarball to upgrade 5.0.1 to 5.1
* Confirmed I could still see both my 5.0 cloud and my 5.0.1 cloud
* Created a 2 node 5.1 cloud
* Added and removed nodes from the 5.0 cloud and the 5.0.1 cloud
* Confirmed I could log into Horizon on each of the three deployed clouds
All of it worked with no errors.  In addition, I confirmed that the settings
page dynamically updated depending on the version of the environment ­ for
example, the Mellanox options are only shown on the settings page for the
5.1 cloud and are not shown on the 5.0.1 cloud settings page.

Great job on this!

Thanks,

- David J. Easter
  Director of Product Management,  Mirantis, Inc.

http://openstacksv.com/

PNG image

Follow ups