Re: Vxlan support to Fuel 6.0

Hi Sergey,
I assumed L2 population mechanism should solve this problem.  what other features are missing?

From: Sergii Golovatiuk [mailto:sgolovatiuk@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 9:01 PM
To: Nurit Vilosny
Cc: fuel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Fuel-dev] Vxlan support to Fuel 6.0

Hi,
Fuel doesn't support VxLan at the moment. Fuel developers had R&D project investigating VxLAN features and OpenStack readiness for VxLAN. Unfortunately, Openstack components such as Open vSwitch doesn't support all VxLAN features. Open vSwitch has very limited support of VxLAN without multicast making tunneling from everyone to everyone over UDP instead of multicast support. In this case VxLAN doesn't have advantages over GRE tunneling. It's just yet another tunneling technology. When Open vSwitch supports multicast and other RFC features, VxLAN will be added to Fuel. I hope this helps.

--
Best regards,
Sergii Golovatiuk,