Stop openstack patching feature

Hi,

We were working on implementation of experimental feature
where user could interrupt openstack patching procedure [1].

It's not as easy to implement as we thought it would be.
Current stop deployment mechanism [2] stops puppet, erases
nodes and reboots them into bootstrap. It's ok for stop
deployment, but it's not ok for patching, because user
can loose his data. We can rewrite some logic in nailgun
and in orchestrator to stop puppet and not to erase nodes.
But I'm not sure if it works correctly because such use
case wasn't tested. And I can see the problems like
yum/apt-get locks cleaning after puppet interruption.

As result I have several questions:
1. should we try to make it work for the current release?
2. if we shouldn't, will we need this feature for the future
    releases? Definitely additional design and research is
    required.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1364907
[2]
https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-astute/blob/b622d9b36dbdd1e03b282b9ee5b7435ba649e711/lib/astute/server/dispatcher.rb#L163-L164