Cinder/Neutron plugins update in Fuel

Hi guys,

I would like to discuss with you a possibility to update Fuel plugins.
This topic was raised on one of our meetings.
I started the design of this part, and it turned to be pretty tricky.

Let me describe you user's use case:

   1. user installs master node
   2. installs plugin with version 1.0
   3. deploys env with enabled plugin
   4. then there is new release from plugin developer with high priority
   fixes
   5. user installs the plugins with version 1.1

On 5th step we can get interesting questions

   1. should we replace the plugin or add second plugin with the different
   version?
   2. how to update plugin on slaves?

Here I want to clarify a statement that single plugin can be compatible with
several versions of openstack, so, it should have scripts and packages
for each possible version of openstack which plugin developer wants
to support.

1st question.
We are not going to replace plugin, because new plugin can have different
openstack compatibility list.
It means that we have to keep and manage several versions of a single plugin
on the system.
It can work for the current release, e.g. for nailgun, but I'm not sure
if it would work for UI, Vitaly K. could you comment please?
Also when we create a cluster, there should be some drop-down to chose
specific version of plugin for new env.

2nd question.
I'm not sure if we will be able to implement "Plugin patching/update"
feature for the first release, because plugin developer writes his own
scripts for packages installation and cluster configuration, and I believe
not all of them will have `yum upgrade` for their packages.
Maybe we should provide ready interface, like, if you want your plugin
to be update friendly, put your special script in directory X.

Thanks,

Follow ups