g60-g70 team mailing list archive

Re: G60-249WM incorrect wifi red led light status in jaunty

Hi!

Upon seeing that someone wanted to disable and enable the touchpad in a
convenient manner, I dug around the gconf editor for this little fix.

For those of you who want to disable the touchpad conveniently, you can add
a keyboard shortcut to disable and enable the touchpad. I believe gconf
editor is native to all recent ubuntu releases, but if you don't have it,
search up gconf in the synaptic package manager.

1) Go to System->Preferences-> Keyboard Shorcuts.
2) Click the add button at the button.
3) A window should pop up, and you can make it whatever name you want.
("Toggle touchpad" seems good)
4) In the command field, you should put:

gconftool-2 --toggle /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/touchpad_enabled

5) click apply.

Now at this point, the shortcut is set up, but not initialized.
6) Click the part where it says "disabled" next to the shortcut you made.
(clicking the shortcut name itself will bring back the prompt you saw
before.) This part should become highlighted and "new shortcut...".

7) Press the key combination you would like to assign as the shortcut. I
used Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Z, since it's one handed, but unlikely to be triggered
all at the same time. Unless you have a cat. Or a fat hamster. Etc.

Hopefully this works as well for you guys as it did for me,
Ian Chan