g60-g70 team mailing list archive

Re: New member!

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Axel Ponicke <freakaxel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> My name is Axel and I own a g60 laptop. Currently running Linux mint 9 KDE
> (pretty much the same thing as latest stable Kubuntu). I was wondering, has
> anyone founded a fix for the following issue: I have sound from the speakers
> and the jack, but at the same time. If I plug a set of headphones in the
> jack sound will be played from the headphones AND from the built-in speakers
> -_-.
>
> I'll give any needed information about my system. For now, this is my sound
> card:
>
> 00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD
>> Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)
>>

> and alsa:
>
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.
>> Compiled on Sep 13 2010 for kernel 2.6.32-24-generic (SMP).
>

> Regards,
> Axel

Hi Axel, good to have you join the group.
First run *alsamixer* in a Terminal and make sure nothing is muted 'MM'. You
can press the 'm' button to mute/unmute channels.

A lot of times sound working in an inconsistent way with an Intel HDA can be
fixed with:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

Finally their are some good resources on the Ubuntu Wiki.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems

Wish I had something more specific for you to try, but this hopefully will
help.
--
Duane Hinnen
duanedesign@xxxxxxxxxx