Re: Future

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 07:58:34PM +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> We should also adopt as many good ideas as possible from other EDA
> tools, like e.g. Upverter (which appears to use operational
> transformations, i.e. a very good idea) [2].

Very cool -- operational transformations.  But the wikipedia page is
overwhelming.

> There are a few ideas I've had for "general principles":

[...]
> 6) Write the unit test first.
>
> 7) Never write any algorithm more than once.
>
> Comments?  Anything I've missed?

  8) Keep in mind language bindings when designing APIs.

I can only agree with all of the above.

--
Ivan Stankovic, pokemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm";