Re: Text size input in gschem

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:21:32 -0700, Edward Hennessy <ehennes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Spin buttons don't seem to be that popular for font size selection. I
wound
> up
> selecting a combo box because it seems commonly used for this purpose. I
> suspect
> because the spin button takes more mouse clicks to select integers
farther
> apart.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for that explanation.

Looking at the x_textsizels.c code, I'm a little confused about why you are
storing the text sizes as strings rather than as numbers.  They are
fundamentally numbers, and they end up being *used* as numbers, so surely
the normal approach would be to use a G_TYPE_<numeric> column in the
GtkTreeModel and define an appropriate GtkCellRenderer...?

Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett
http://peter-b.co.uk/