Re: Per-project or per-page config in gschem

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 05:02:25PM +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>    Hi folks,
>    A lot of configuration is starting to need to be dependent on which
>    page you're currently editing.
>    I'm not really sure what the best approach is to achieve this. For some
>    variables — for example, those controlling printing — it seems
>    reasonable to go and find the correct configuration context and extract
>    the value each time it's needed. For others — e.g. the rendering loop —
>    this would be much too costly.
>    I also think that it's important that changes to configuration take
>    effect immediately, by having some way to trigger an update using the
>    configuration contexts' change signals.
>    Any suggestions about a general approach to take?

I'd like to have toplevel attributes in schematics which override
some configuration variables and affect only the schematic they're
in.  Changes in those attributes would affect the schematic page
immediately.  This is per page configuration.

And there might be just a button/menu entry in gschem to apply
changes in all configuration contexts which have been made during
editing session.