Re: Gschem Menus

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 08:43:35PM -0700, Edward Hennessy wrote:
> All,
>
> The following menu item launches a dialog box with more functionality
> than the menu item advertises:
>
>     Snap Grid Spacing...   O Shift+S
Perhaps, we could rename it to 'Snape & net Options'

> The following menu item cycles between three snap modes:
>
>     Toggle Snap On/Off     O S
Let's just rename it to "Snap Mode"

> The following three menu items open the same dialog box:
>
>     Color...               E O
>     Line Width & Type...   E W
>     Fill Type...           E F
I would leave the first abbreviation with the text: "Edit line Options"
(or even 'Edit Outline' though it makes me harder to translate it into
Russian :)). I think this would simplify the menus for 'old bearded
users' as well as for new users.

> What would be the best way to make these menu items better suited to
> a new user without wrecking keyboard accelerators for veteran users?

Cheers,
  Vladimir