Re: can we agree on a common start point for file format plugin stuff please

Britton Kerin wrote:

For maximum sanity I'd like to stick to either the version that Milan is working on, or the one in git.

It's Milan's effort and he's not on git so I think for now we should make a new branch that uses his version (say, the next one he sends us) and let the existing ones die. I like the changes (e.g. a dir for template plugins, I get it now), but we can make them once it's stabilized a bit and Milan says he's ready for the git version to become official.

Britton
Hi Britton,

I can live with all scenarios imaginable as long as *good* code gets into git master.

Either direct through git by pushing done by Milan to home/milan/<branch name here> (my preference), or by means of patches (Launchpad, mailing list) someone of the developer team pushes to git (a bit more work).

Please let me know which topic branches (if any) should be removed.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.

BTW: I would like to have Milan in the dev team as he has done great contributions in the past.

I'm currently trying to remove bitrot from his openscad export filter and get that one under review for inclusion into master.

Next is a vrml export filter he wrote ... ditto.