gephi.team team mailing list archive

[Question #149894]: Install as non-admin user?

New question #149894 on Gephi:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gephi/+question/149894

The setup file for windows (gephi-0.7-beta.setup.exe) requires the user to have administrative permissions to install it. Non-administrative users are given the following message when trying to launch it: "You must be logged in as an administrator when installing this program." Clicking OK aborts the installation.

As far as I can tell, Gephi doesn't actually require administrative settings to install. After installing it on one computer, the Gephi folder in program files can be copied to another computer and run fine as long as a JRE is available.

For users on restricted access computers (University, Corporate, etc.) could we provide a zip file of Gephi that can simply be extracted and run so these users can use the software without having to go through university/corporate it bureaucracy to install it? (Alternatively can we build the installer in such a way to let non-administrative users install it?)

Many thanks,
Scott

Gephi Team, which is an answer contact for Gephi.