gephi.team team mailing list archive

[Question #164933]: how to input 20, 000 node network with spatial coordinates

New question #164933 on Gephi:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gephi/+question/164933

Hi,
I have a network of nearly 21,000 nodes representing the spatial locations of wetlands.  My data look like this:
ID	 LL_X	                LL_Y	     AREAM2
0	-102.57220	36.49831	     53018.90243
1	-102.64557	36.49704	     12380.67273
2	-102.59709	36.49565	     52597.29728
etc.
where ID is a unique number for each wetland, LL_X and LL_Y are the longitude and latitude coordinates of the wetland, and AREAM2 is the size in square meters.  I was wondering how to input such data for Gephi, given that this is a undirected and very large network, and each wetland is potentially connected to all others (would have edges to all other nodes).  My ultimate goal is to try to identify the crucial stepping-stone wetlands via betweenness centrality metrics, but I am having problems finding software that can handle such a large network.  I looked through the supported file types, but all have specified edges and would just be impractical for a network as large as mine.  Is there an alternative?  I hope you can help!
Thanks,
Nancy McIntyre

Gephi Team, which is an answer contact for Gephi.