gephi.team team mailing list archive

[Question #180020]: encoding lost when saving to .gephi

New question #180020 on Gephi:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gephi/+question/180020

I am creating a .gexf file programatically where node labels contain UTF-8 encoded Eastern European diacritical characters. I'm setting the UTF-8 encoding in the .gexf XML. When I load the file into Gephi (v0.8) everything looks fine. After I had saved the file to .gephi format, I close the program and reopen the .gephi file only to find that the text is garbled. Any suggestions? Windows platform.

Gephi Team, which is an answer contact for Gephi.