getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Re: GetDeb and game requests

Vadim Peretokin wrote:
I think they should be, now that the Playdeb website is ready - needs the cms backend, and stability issues have been more or less solved.
Hello,
if we run faster than we can stand we will not finish the race.

The playdeb design/layout is ready, I'll send a link to the demo page (once I get one). The playdeb site is not ready, the design/layout needs to be ported to Smarty templates and the current getdeb CMS logic needs to be adapted. The playdeb (APT) mirror selection will break the system packages information update with a very weird message one there is a server problem - this is not acceptable-. The mirror selection is a key requirement for playdeb, there are 2 bugs reported, both bugs can only be fixed by Ubuntu core devs (main packages), it does not make sense to advance further on playdeb unless we have some expectation for a fix to be available.

Bug 18645 -  https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/apt/+bug/18645
Bug 278635 - https://bugs.launchpad.net/playdeb/+bug/278635

I don't have enough time to follow up the bugs resolution, I would appreciate those with the required technical knowledge to engage into communication to get more attention for those bugs.

Once playdeb is ready, it will have a different publishing process, so yes, at that time it will make sense to file the bugs on the playdeb project, now .

Thanks

--
João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader