getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

Archive anomalies

I just ran into some anomalies on the Archive section of GetDeb. I'm
not sure how many files are effected.

After extracting a .gz file, like a diff.gz for example, the
extracted diff file was garbage and didn't show a normal diff.

It turns out you have to extract this file again, even though it
doesn't have a gz extension.
The best way is to rename the extract file with a gz extension again.

The same is true for orig.tar.gz files. You won't be able to use tar
xzf for these files. You have to gunzip first, rename the file with the
gz extension and you can use tar xf again.

To fix all the files on Getdeb, I don't even know which ones are
effected, let alone how many, will be an quit a task. If anybody has an
idea how we could automate this feel free to speak out. I myself will
be thinking about a possible solution as well.

As Joao is extremely busy at the moment, we'll have to keep using this
work around for now.

Thanks guys.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98

WordPress Plugin Developer
http://blog.avirtualhome.com

GetDeb Package Builder/GetDeb Site Coder
http://www.getdeb.net - Software you want for Ubuntu