getdeb-collaboration team mailing list archive

GetDeb package maintainers going ninjas

Hello,
in the past some people have expressed their concern because we are
providing packages with the "Maintainer" field set to the original
maintainer from the source that we used, most of the times from Debian
or Ubuntu sources. This could generate some confusion as the wrong
person/group could be addressed to resolve a packaging issue.
To avoid that we must adopt a package maintainer policy. I am planning
the following policy:
The Maintainer field must contain a @getdeb.net, the default
maintainer will be "GetDeb Package Ninjas <package.ninjas@xxxxxxxxxx",
packagers which would prefer to be individually addressed can still
use their individual names as long they use a @getdeb email .
The original maintainer must be identified with the
"XSBC-Original-Maintainer" field.
There is an update-maintainer-getdeb script on DebFactory which
automatically performs the change.

Unless some reasonable concern is raised the validation for this
policy will be implemented on the ABS, all non @getdeb.net uploads
will be rejected.

Best regards,

--