gnome-zeitgeist-users team mailing list archive

Re: [Zeitgeist] GNOME Journal Article

Thorsten Prante wrote:
> Hi Natan,
>

>  cool overview article, with a good level of detail! Me likey! :-)
>

> Just throughing in notes on "activities" and "logging vs. indexing" as I had
> originally thought it could be reflected in the article. But I like the
> article as is. So just view this as comments.

Your discussion of activities, tasks and the way to provide the missing
link is really interesting.

I think this is an excellent material for experimenting with more
complex use cases to design the UI and enhance the engine at the same time.

Inspired by your post, I've found the
http://live.gnome.org/action/login/ZeitgeistUseCases wiki page where you
list down a series of scenarios that the Zeitgeist project should support.

I'd like to propose reorganizing into:
 - user stories (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_story: /a
software system requirement <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirement>
formulated as one or two sentences in the everyday or business language
of the user./)
 - actual use cases (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case: /a
description of a system's behavior as it responds to a request that
originates from outside of that system./)

To then extract some technical requirements out of the discussion of
these and prioritize the use cases to form a development roadmap.

I'm also interested in knowing which of the 19 scenarios are actually
supported by the engine and by the UI, to propose a base line for a
stable release, again both for the engine and the UI.

David