gnome-zeitgeist-users team mailing list archive

Zeitgeist/Emacs Integration

Hi all,

I am Patrick Niedzielski, an avid GNU/Linux user and programmer of the
_Humm and Strumm_ Free Software 3D adventure game [1].  I have been
using GNOME for many years, and I am extremely excited for the release
of GNOME 3 later this year.  I have already installed a preview of GNOME
Shell on Debian Sid, and of course Zeitgeist.  I am interested in this
new way of accessing files, and I think in conjunction with the older
file system method, this is a worthwhile direction for GNOME to travel.

I am interested in writing a Zeitgeist module for my favorite editor,
GNU/Emacs.  I use it far more the GEdit, and my files are obviously not
tracked by the Gnome Activity Journal.  For now, it would just contact
Zeitgeist when a file is loaded.  Maybe later, I could add a "recently
used" command, analogous to the new open dialogs [2].  To my knowledge,
Emacs doesn't have any integration with Zeitgeist.

Could someone point me to some documentation to understand how this may
be done?  Also, how should I submit it when it is finished (not an
in-depth project, maybe a LISP subroutine or two)?  Thanks!

Cheers,
Patrick Niedzielski <PatrickNiedzielski@xxxxxxxxx>

[1] http://hummstrumm.blogspot.com/

[2]
http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2010/06/more-takes-on-a-zeitgeist-based-open-file-dialog/

--
Humm and Strumm <http://hummstrumm.blogspot.com/>, a Free Software 3D
adventure game for both Windows and *NIX.

freeSoftwareHacker(); <http://freesoftwarehacker.blogspot.com/>, a blog
about Free Software, music, and law.

Follow ups