gnome-zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Tweaking ubuntu interface just a little bit

          Tweaking ubuntu interface just a little bit

 I did a little research and came to an conclusion that ubuntu like
every thing else needs to be improved and perfected

 Research was done in a small office (with the personnel of 16) only one
had experience with linux, every one agreed that ubuntu looks
impressive, but after some time they all agreed that there are some
minor tweaks that needs to be changed.

Here is research results and the consensus that reached:

 1) Hard to rate music

I asked them to rate music, the average time was 16.3 seconds with
banshee running when it was off the time ruffly rose by 10 seconds, they
all agreed that it is to hard and keeps the users from enjoying the
music so what i propose:

,,adding rating bar in ubuntu panel and you can even add music search
bar”
example
http://i.imgur.com/2q6Mq.jpg
or
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9309/screenshotat20120228161.png

2) Not able to jump strata to the app or document you are working on
example :
http://i.imgur.com/qr3L4.png
or
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9309/screenshotat20120228161.png

Here you can see there are two documents opened, but you can not chose
the second document directly instead you get this animation and this
screen

http://i.imgur.com/MlXjd.jpg
or
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9309/screenshotat20120228161.png

 This is not bad but when you are doing work and time is money, you want
to do your work fast so i recommend adding thumbnails like windows 7
does, it will be more practical and faster to jump in for windows users

example
http://i.imgur.com/jQCNg.png
or
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9309/screenshotat20120228161.png

3) super W keys add more functions

This is the best way to select running apps in ubuntu but I think it
lacks functionality i think it should have ability to Colas running apps
it will help users organize there running apps better
example

http://i.imgur.com/aKQWE.jpg
or
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9309/screenshotat20120228161.png

4) Themas, hard to get themes

When we are talking about average user they will have ruff time getting
new themas in ubuntu so i recommend adding more themas in customize
appearance

                                                         Thank you for
your time, and thanks everyone who participated in this project
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Levan Chelidze (https://launchpad.net/~levanchelidze)