gnome3-team team mailing list archive

[gnome3-team] Various gnome3 PPA bugs

Here are several bugs I found while playing with the gnome3 PPA. I
thought it might not clutter your inboxes as much if I sent them in
one email.

cheese crashes for me when I click Effects if gnome-video-effects is
not installed but the cheese packaging doesn't even suggest g-v-e.

Several of the video effects don't appear to work correctly for me.

gnome-dictionary crashes when it is closed.

gnome-system-log doesn't display any logs

gnome-tweak-tool should include or recommend the "user-tweak"
extension found at https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions . This
extension enables the Gnome Shell theme to be changed on a per-user
basis and is mentioned as missing on the Shell tab of
gnome-tweak-tool. Unfortunately my attempt to install the extension
from git doesn't work and I have to delete it to be able to login to
Gnome Shell.

gnome-tweak-tool is not wide enough to display all the text nor is it
resizable. I'm going to report this upstream.

As far as I can tell, Forced Fallback Mode in System Settings>System
Info>Graphics does not actually work on Ubuntu.

Please consider packaging caribou, Gnome 3's new onscreen keyboard.
Accessibility Settings has an option to display this but of course
that won't work without the app being installed.

Jeremy Bicha

Follow ups