gnome3-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jbicha/gnome-session/gnome3-support-ubuntu-session into lp:~gnome3-team/gnome-session/ubuntu

This branch gets the Ubuntu session working again.

See also https://code.launchpad.net/~jbicha/gnome-session/gnome3-support-classic-ubuntu-session where I attempted to get gnome-session 3 working for Ubuntu Classic & Ubuntu Classic (No Effects). Unfortunately, it seems I could only get either compiz or gnome-panel to load by default. Getting the other to load requires me to open a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T, or in the menu). So that's still broken, but at least it works a little better than the "failed to load" message which gives no information at all.

Also, Unity 2D requires a newer .session but works fine when that is done.

Other bugs I assume you already are aware of:
Nautilus 3 does not draw the desktop.
gnome-session does not support the multiple fallback session system introduced in Natty.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jbicha/gnome-session/gnome3-support-ubuntu-session/+merge/57751
Your team GNOME3 Team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jbicha/gnome-session/gnome3-support-ubuntu-session into lp:~gnome3-team/gnome-session/ubuntu.