gnome3-team team mailing list archive

Re: Gubuntu Idea

On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 18:33 -0400, Jeremy Newton wrote:

> Dear Gnome 3 team,
>

> To add a suggestion, maybe eventually these packages, with
> gnome-shell, should be implemented as a new version of Ubuntu, ie the
> name Gubuntu. Just an idea that I felt I should share, see this link I
> found: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/26982/

all the packages in the PPA are starting to be merged into oneiric
branches, so they will be available as default in the next Ubuntu
release.

gnome-shell probably won't be on the default CD though, but not sure
it's worth the effort to have a new distribution just to include
gnome-shell in the default install. Of course, if someone wants to do
it, please go ahead