gnome3-team team mailing list archive

[Merge] ~jamesh/gnome-software:classic-snap-install into gnome-software:wip/ubuntu-master

James Henstridge has proposed merging ~jamesh/gnome-software:classic-snap-install into gnome-software:wip/ubuntu-master.

Requested reviews:
  GNOME3 Team (gnome3-team)

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~jamesh/gnome-software/+git/gnome-software/+merge/326206

Add support for installing classic snaps through gnome-software.

This is using Robert Ancell's patch from bug 1690280, along with a change to the details page to display a warning for snap packages that don't have the SANDBOXED kudo (which is currently granted to any snap using strict confinement).

There are a few open questions:

1. Is this where the warning should sit?
2. What exact text should it contain?

As far as warnings to users go, I would tend to think a strict confined snap that connects to the home interface to be similarly dangerous to a classic snap.  It doesn't look like we can detect that case from the metadata returned by "find" requests though.
--
Your team GNOME3 Team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~jamesh/gnome-software:classic-snap-install into gnome-software:wip/ubuntu-master.

Follow ups