gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #95918]: I want to help with documentation

Question #95918 on gnusim8085 changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gnusim8085/+question/95918

The Escapist proposed the following answer:
hi everyone,

I am also interested in updating/improving the existing documentation -
and just to let you know: I have recently copied all links to
references/documentation about 8085 programming from the GNUSim8085
sourceforge tracker and collected them at:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Subject_talk:Assembly_languages#12.2F2009:_How_about_a_chapter_on_8085_Assembly_Language_Programming_.3F

This is a wikibook on assembly programming and it seems a good idea to
simply add a new chapter there, this would ensure that anybody could
easily contribute.

Also, wikibooks can be trivially exported to a plethora of different
file formats, so it would be easy for example to add the wikibooks
chapter to the simulator.

It would be neat, if we could base the whole 8085 programming chapter on
using GNUSim8085, for example with lots of screenshots of the simulator
running etc.

For each new release, the wikibook could then simply be exported and
added to the GNUSim8085 package.

I am sure, this would help increase the popularity of the simulator even
more!

I do not currently have the time to get started doing this, but anybody
who is interested in improving the documentation, please do feel invited
to start merging/updating and writing documentation to this wikibook -
there are many good links and it should be fairly easy to get started
soon!

Also, I do like another idea that was posted about a year ago -
collaborating with one of the large assembly programming communities to
have them set up a subforum specific to GNUSim8085/8085 programming:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2617649&group_id=86462&atid=579702

This would surely be another excellent way to get more people involved,
as well as increase popularity even more.

GNUSim8085 developers, which is an answer contact for gnusim8085.