gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #95918]: I want to help with documentation

Question #95918 on gnusim8085 changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/gnusim8085/+question/95918

Onkar Shinde posted a new comment:
I don't mind having a chapter on wikibooks about our application but I am not in favour of using that content as primary content for our help system. Following are my reasons.
1. We depend on a third party system for thr primary help content.
2. It is hard to keep track of contributions.
3. It is hard to ensure quality of the content. Every time we import the text from wikibooks to our source repository someone has to review it for quality assurance.
This does not mean that I am against having a chapter on wikibooks. Please feel free to add text as you wish.

Regarding our help system - I won't get enough time before 1.3.6 release (tentative date 6th Feb) to do build changes for this. The format for writing the help pages is going to be docbook. As to how to install them we have two options.
1. Convert and install in HTML format at build time. This is preferred way.
2. Use yelp to display on linux and convert to HTML on Windows.
So as of now we have to wait till post 1.3.6 release for help pages in the application.

GNUSim8085 developers, which is an answer contact for gnusim8085.