gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: download stats - observations

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Sridhar Ratnakumar
<sridhar.ratna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/gnusim8085/+download
>
> a) 237 downloads per day for the 1.3.6 Windows installer! Any idea how
> to see SF.net like download graphs?

Those are not per day downloads. Those are total downloads since release.
I had asked about the possibility of detailed stats/graphs on LP IRC
channel. I was told that there was no plan to implement the feature in
UI but the data is available and all one needs to do is use some
queries/APIs.
Perhaps when we have our own website then we can link downloads from
it and use piwik for stats/graphs generation. -
http://piwik.org/faq/new-to-piwik/#faq_47

> b) Why is 1.3.5 still being downloaded? 31 downloads in last 24 hrs.

I asked about this on LP mailing list and there is no way to know
which third party website are linking to the download directly.

> c) SF downloads are decreasing, but still not zero.
> http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detail.php?group_id=86462&ugn=gnusim8085&type=prdownload&mode=60day&file_id=0

There is no way to hide the downloads from SF. I have added a file
'MOVED_TO_LAUNCHPAD.txt' and made it default for all platforms.
Hopefully that will redirect people to LP download page.

> Aside: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2963231&group_id=86462&atid=579699
> should have been submitted in launchpad.

This bug is included in the data migration. I will ping LP devs about
the progress.

Onkar