gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #111760]: Start address at 4203?

Question #111760 on gnusim8085 changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gnusim8085/+question/111760

aniceberg posted a new comment:
I will consider a system compatible with an Intel Processor (Eg: IA32 or
Intel-64). On reset, the CS register contents are set to a specific
value, from which the execution kicks off. This I guess is 0xFFFFFFFF0.
This in a computer, with a compatible mother board be the ROM which will
"ignite" the boot process by jumping to the BIOS entry point.

With this, I would lead you to http://duartes.org/gustavo/blog/post
/motherboard-chipsets-memory-map and its subsequent posts. Its a nice
read.

GNUSim8085 developers, which is an answer contact for gnusim8085.