gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Code mirrored in Github

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Sridhar <sridhar.ratna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Aanjhan R <aanjhan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have mirrored the code into github. This would enable better
>>> collaboration and availability of any user implemented features and
>>> bug fixes.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/aanjhan/GNUSim8085
>>
>> Why not ditch SF and use GitHub as a central git repository?
>
> Or use bzr on launchpad. :-)

I'm all for avoiding confusion and improving user/developer
experience. So +1 for either bzr-on-launchpad or git-on-github.

> P.S. I know it is bad practice to switch VCS every now and then and
> switch to bzr as already discussed. So I am fine with either way.

Good, I see two options:

1. Switch to bzr/launchpad after getting positive consensus from other
active developers.
2. Switch to git/github without having to worry about switching VCS

I'm slightly in favor of (2) due to GitHub's awesome collaborative
model -- creating patches is super easy and fun. see
http://help.github.com/pull-requests/ ... we may get more developer
activity because of this.

-srid