gnusim8085-devel team mailing list archive

[Question #172924]: break point handling

New question #172924 on gnusim8085:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gnusim8085/+question/172924

I was looking through the code and was unsure how the breakpoint handling was being done.
In particular I was hoping to find out what flags I need to set to stop execution.
It seems to me that break points are handled by asking the source editor if there is a break point set for the current instruction.
I occurred to me that perhaps using one of the unused/illegal opcodes such as JNK/JNX5/JK/JX5 might be a mechanism.

I.e The code could work like this.
A break point is set. the code in memory is changed for JNK and a note is made of what the real instruction at that address really was. When the simulator tries to execute JNK  it halts and replaces the code with the correct one.

I'm sort of trying to understand what we already have and also think about how they can be done differently if needed.

Ed

GNUSim8085 developers, which is an answer contact for gnusim8085.