gourmet team mailing list archive

Gourmet Recipe Manager 0.16.1 released!

After about six months since the 0.16.0 release, I'm happy to release
version 0.16.1, available for
[download](https://github.com/thinkle/gourmet/archive/0.16.1.tar.gz) as
a tarball from GitHub.

(Note that starting with this release, we'll use GitHub instead of
Launchpad for our [releases](https://github.com/thinkle/gourmet/releases/).)

While this release doesn't include any breathtaking new features or
dramatic changes, it does fix some bugs that the previous release missed
or even introduced.

Fixes include, most notably:
* the interactive Python console plugin (which was broken)
* pull requests #715 and #717 -- an importer for Swedish website ica.se,
plus tests for that website and foodnetwork -- thanks @MrShark
* issue #261 -- the allrecipes.com import plugin is now fixed
* issue #711 which prevented connecting to a MySQL database -- thanks
@rleibman
* pull request #723 which fixes broken export -- thanks @gyp
* pull request #724 which completes Pillow compatibility -- thanks @sappjw
* lots of minor bug fixes and plenty of code cleanup

Thanks to all contributors! I'm still putting quite some effort into
code cleanup, hoping to attract even more contributors to help out with
core issues. If you're interested in contributing, why not check out our
['Contribute' wiki
page](https://github.com/thinkle/gourmet/wiki/Contribute). By the way,
while Gourmet didn't get accepted into this year's Google Summer of
Code, we'll might apply again next year.

I am again only releasing a tarball for now, but hope to include a
Debian package with Ubuntu 13.10 (for which the deadline is
2013-08-29!). As for the Windows release that I already promised in the
release notes for 0.16.0, I haven't forgotten that promise. I'm
currently working on resolving some remaining issues with printing and
I'm confident I'll be able to release a full-fledged Windows version
quite soon.

--Bernhard Reiter (@ockham)