graphics-drivers-testers team mailing list archive

Re: Trouble with nvidia-370 / nvidia-375 and startx?

23.11.2016, 02:29, Dan Kegel kirjoitti:
> Hi!
> I've been using nvidia-370 from the graphics-drivers ppa
> happily for some time with various cards and ubuntu 16.04;
> I start a simple graphics environment with
>    systemctl start multi-user.target
>    startx
> and it's happy.
>
> But lately with either 370 or 375, I'm seeing startx just leave me with a black
> screen, using a gtx 1060 card.  367 works fine.  This will probably make
> it hard to use the bigger gtx 1050 cards, which I think require the
> newer driver.
>
> It's probably user error, but just in case, has anyone else had trouble
> with startx and newer drivers?

Hi!
Im using nvidia-367 (367.57 closed drivers) from graphics-drivers ppa,
it is working great. The last time I used phoronix-test-suite program
(new version of phoronix site). A single program would crash. I do not
remember now what. And I saw a small stability problems. The letters on
the screen and the pictures seemed to be going blur. The problem was
pretty much the same as NVIDIA 349.12, 346.47 and 346.35 drivers.

Rebooting the machine fixed the problem.

Im using NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 770 with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

lahtis