graphics-drivers-testers team mailing list archive

Graphics debuggers do not work on recent nvidia drivers. Possible packaging issue.

Hi,

I've installed the newly created nvidia 384.111 driver from the
graphics-drivers PPA. When trying to use nVidia's Linux graphics debugger
to debug glxgears (for example) I get the following error:

Xlib:  extension "NV-GLX" missing on display ":1"

The official 384.111 driver from nVidia's website doesn't cause this error
and glxgears runs fine in the debugger.

This sounds like a packaging issue. Maybe something wrong with GLVND?

There are more details in this thread:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1027746/linux-graphics-debugger/xlib-extension-quot-nv-glx-quot-missing-on-display-quot-1-quot-/?offset=8#5232543

Note1: Older driver's from this PPA also cause the same problem.
Note2: I'm experiencing similar issues when debugging Vulkan applications
in renderdoc.

Panos Christopoulos Charitos
www.ancient-ritual.com <http://ancient-ritual.com>
www.anki3d.org