graphics-drivers-testers team mailing list archive

Re: 450/455 page allocation failures

On 12/16/20 7:40 AM, Tais P. Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been plagued with page allocation failures in both 450 and 455
> series drivers. It seems there's a patch for it on Nvidia's forums on
> the link below. Is it somehow possible for me to add the patch to the
> PPAs or do I have to wipe the PPAs and use the nvidia installer?
>
> https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/455-23-04-page-allocation-failure-in-kernel-module-at-random-points/155250/55
> <https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/455-23-04-page-allocation-failure-in-kernel-module-at-random-points/155250/55>
>
> --
> Mvh. Tais P. Hansen

I've been patiently suffering from the same issue.  The 460 beta came
out yesterday
(https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/linux-solaris-and-freebsd-driver-460-27-04-beta/163730),
which I believe includes the patch in addition to a lot of other
features.  So, I'm hoping some version of it hits the PPA before long.

-J