Re: [Question #69168]: why is my data not reporting?

TTimo gave more information on the question:
No errors in any of the .log files under /usr/local/graphite/

I found that I can report data from series that already exist, e.g. if I
do this in my code:

        line = 'system.loadavg_1min 0.09 %d\n' % ( int( time.time() ) )

then I am getting some data reported.

But if I use a different data name, such as:

        line = 'test.value %d %d\n' % ( self.countEvents, int(
time.time() ) )

Then nothing happens. The data series does not appear in the tree.

And no errors get reported to the log files either