[Question #80372]: Applying math functions to targets

Is there a way with the existing functions to add (or multiply) a constant to all values in a series?

Right now, I have a target:

instance.cpu_idle

which is a value between 0 and 100.

I'd like to flip that upside down (create cpu_nonidle, essentially) and turn it into a fraction, so

(100-instance.cpu_idle) / 100

Can this be done with any of the existing functions, or do I need to write my own?

Once I've got this value I want to multiply two series together to create a capacity graph:

instance.requests_per_sec / (100-instance.cpu_idle) / 100)

In this way, if requests_per_sec is 300 and cpu_idle is at 50%, on the graph I see a capacity of 600 requests_per_sec (although in reality I'd give a buffer, as running a cpu pegged at 100% is asking for trouble).

Is this second part doable given the (100-instance.cpu_idle)/100 problem is solved, or is this another custom function I'd need to write?

Pete