[Question #88865]: Are there any other examples of agents for adding data to graphite?

What are some of the other ways people are getting data into graphite?

For example, right now I am just parsing log files and sending the data to graphite using perl:

my $message = $metric . " " . $value . " " . $timestamp . "\n";
my $sock=IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr=>'graphite',PeerPort=>'2003',Proto=>'tcp');
$sock->send($message);

I would prefer to have agents running on my servers that send the data to graphite.  Are there any other examples of this?  Ideally it would be some native agents that could run on Solaris.

The new version is really great, very much improved.  Nice work.