Re: [Question #88656]: Centos 5.4, no graphs visible under Tree

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Geez, sorry you've had so many issues getting graphite to work. My
recommendation would be to try out the latest trunk because there have
been a ton of fixes and changes since 0.9.4 (0.9.5 is actually due out
as soon as a couple more bugs are fixed in trunk). The documentation for
graphite is, well, crap. At least for now that is, I have been edging
closer toward getting enough free time to spending a night updating it
all. So my apologies for all of your issues with 0.9.4, but it's
probably going to be easier for you to switch to trunk.

You can check out trunk like so: bzr checkout lp:graphite

Then read the INSTALL file as it actually has an up-to-date (to my
knowledge at least) walk-through of the install process which is a bit
easier than it was for 0.9.4.

Some useful things to note for the latest trunk...

1) the default install location for graphite has changed from /usr/local/graphite/ to /opt/graphite/ as that's easier on my wrists
2) no more build_release.sh, use 'python setup.py sdist' to build tarballs via distutils
3) graphite (the webapp), carbon, and whisper are now three separate packages

Also if you run into issues with installing from trunk I will be much
better equipped to help you if you have questions.