Re: [Question #89138]: Centos 5.4, couple problems

fp posted a new comment:
I don't know python very well (or at all I should say) but I stumbled my way through the code and decided to do this:
in /usr/local/graphite/carbon/lib/carbon/storage.py

in
def loadStorageSchemas():
I changed
  config = ConfigParser(dict_type=OrderedDict)
  config = ConfigParser()

and the world didn't seem to end, carbon seams to be writing data now.

07/11/2009 23:46:26 :: [updates] wrote 1 datapoints for system.loadavg_15min in 0.00009 seconds
07/11/2009 23:46:26 :: [updates] wrote 1 datapoints for carbon.agents.generic.creates in 0.00009 seconds

The graph's are not visible, and I know why. There are problems when you
do not install graphite and carbon to where you want them to be. It's
getting late so I'm going to stop shortly, but, I think the main problem
is in the settings.py (or local_settings.py) specifically, the

STORAGE_DIR, for me is not GRAPHITE_ROOT + 'storage/'; my storage dir is
in my carbon_root/storage, etc.

For now I'm going to start over and install everything to it's default
dirs. err maybe I'll do that tomorrow.