[Question #90633]: How do you graph switch interface counters that rollover?

I realized you can take the derivative of a counter to get its rate of change, the issue I have is the counter rolls over quite often, sometimes within a polling period, so my derivative graph contains a -100000000 data point when the counter flips.

Is there a switch counter setting like rrd has that can handle the rollover?